Sun, 4 Dec 2022

 

Tinubu not yet President, Keyamo justifies ex-gov's absence
 
By: News Editor
Thu, 6 Oct 2022   ||   Nigeria, Abuja
 

The All Progressives Congress (APC) Presidential Campaign Council spokesman, Festus Keyamo, on Thursday, said the party can’t continue to defend its presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu, whereabouts every minute.
Keyamo, who is also the Minister of State for Labour Employment disclosed this while appearing on Arise TV, on Thursday.
The Minister said Nigerians are misinterpreting the issue at hand and that Tinubu is APC presidential flag-bearer, not yet the President.
He said; “My information about our candidate is that he is hale and hearty. That is the information I get this morning. He is out of the country and he will be back in a matter of days. It is as straightforward as that.’’
“There is no controversy and no indication that there should be cause for concern. I do understand that he is a candidate for an election but we should also understand that he is not a president too.’’
“And to issue a statement every minute as to his whereabouts? The standard is not as high as being the president of Nigeria. He is just a candidate. Yes, he has some responsibilities towards the electorates and I do agree, but the standard is not as high as a president in office who could at every point in time issue statements as to his whereabouts.’’
“We are not going to live our lives for the opposition and mischief makers. I know there are some genuine concerns and inquiries, but there are also mischief makers. For those who are genuine like you, I think you should be satisfied when a campaign council spokesperson comes on air and say he (Tinubu) is hale and hearty. If you probe further, then it is mischievous.’’
“I spoke with Seyi (Tinubu’s son). The son is with him and the son says “daddy is okay” and that is our discussion this morning.”
CEOAFRICA had reported that there had been different speculation by Nigerians about the where about of the APC presidential candidate, Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
But Tinubu in a tweet accompanied with a video showing him working out on a fitness bike wrote; “Many have said I have died; others claim I have withdrawn from the presidential campaign. Well… Nope.
“This is the reality: I am strong, I am healthy and I am ready to serve Nigerians from Day One.”

 

 

Tag(s):
 
 
Back to News