Thu, 20 Jun 2024


Security guard stabs boy who is an only son to death in Anambra Catholic Church
By: Abara Blessing Oluchi
Wed, 22 May 2024   ||   Nigeria,

Members of St. Alphonsus Catholic Church, Nkpor Uno in Idemili North Local Government Area of Anambra State, are asking for justice after the security guard at the church stabbed a teenage member of the church to death.

The security guard attached to the church, identified as David Isaac, from Akpa, Kogi State, allegedly stabbed the yet-to-be-identified teenager inside the church premises at about 8 pm last Tuesday, May 14.

A video shared online shows church members blaming the church for employing the security guard.

“How can a priest invite a Fulani herdsmen to the church and he killed an only son in the church,” a man filming the church in the aftermath of the stabbing is heard saying.

“How can Catholic Church call Fulani herdsmen to be a security in church and he killed an only son?” another voice is heard saying before adding, “Look at the blood on the floor.”

The camera then pans to the blood of the victim on the sand in the church compound.

According to church members, they were in church when they started hearing commotion from the chapel area. When they got there, they saw that the teenage member had been pierced with a dagger and he was bleeding.

The security guard claimed he saw the boy in a compromising situation with a girl in the chapel but the boy insisted he and the girl were praying. This led to an argument and the guard stabbed the boy.

The boy bled to death while being rushed to a hospital.

Speaking following the death of the teenager, the security guard, David, explained that he works with a private security company called Diamond Security and was posted to the Catholic Church.

He claimed he was patrolling the church when he saw the boy and girl having sex in the chapel.

He said the boy dared him to come outside and fight, so he stabbed the boy in the stomach in self-defence.

“I no even know when I chook am,” the security guard said in a video circulating online.

Meanwhile, the girl found in the chapel with the boy insisted they were praying, not having sex as claimed by the security.

The suspect was handed over to the police at the Ogidi Division for further investigations.

The church had beefed up security following the incident because people were threatening to burn down the chapel in protest.



Back to News