The fire outbreak at the POWA Plaza, Jos road, Lafia, Nasarawa State, has destroyed property worth millions of naira.
According to an eye witness who spoke with newsmen, the inferno was caused by an electricity spark in one of the shops around 1am on Tuesday morning.
He said the fire burnt most of the properties in the building which belonged to the Nigeria Police Force, before the Nasarawa State Fire Service officials arrived to put out the fire.
He said; “The fire began around 1am on Tuesday morning. It burnt properties worth millions of naira before the fire service people came.’’
“They still could not completely put out the fire until 7am this morning when they sent some more fire fighters to the place.''
“More than seven shops were affected. A tailoring shop, a boutique, a solar shop and other big businesses were burnt to ashes.''
“I wonder how the business owners will survive after these huge loss that they have encountered. The government should see how to help them out of the situation.”
It was reported that the POWA Plaza is beside the office of the Area Commander of the Nigeria Police Force, Lafia and opposite the 2023 campaign office of Governor Abdullahi Sule.