Translate:
 
  • Follow Facebook
  • Follow on Twitter
  • Follow on YouTube
Monday, 16th September, 2019
 
 
 
 South Africa   ::   News
 
Police set to investigate veteran SA actor, Kenneth Nkosi over alleged assault of 26-year-old woman
Jun 10, 2019
Source: Oyedokun Ibukun S.

The Johannesburg Central police are probing a case of common attack against award-winning actor Kenneth Nkosi, who reportedly "violated" a woman at a Newtown club on Friday night.

It is reported that Nkosi, who has starred on films such as Five Fingers for Marseille and Leon Schuster’s Mad Buddies attacked a young women at the Black Ant Lounge in Newtown, Johannesburg, around 10pm on Friday night. 

A friend of the victim took to Twitter on Monday and tweeted that Nkosi had reportedly assaulted the victim because she would not “give him attention”. 

“What I saw on Friday at BlackAnt Lounge in Newtown just after 10pm Kenneth Nkosi is an abuser, he assaulted someone I know because she refused to give him attention. Men are not used to rejection. He then followed her into the ladies restrooms... & continued violating her,” tweeted @PulyBeast.

Imagine after getting assaulted and still having to beg o Kenneth Nkosi for your phone back. šŸ˜³ this man!

She also tweeted a video where Nkosi was allegedly captured on film refusing to return the victim’s cellphone. 

Joburg police spokesperson Captain Xoli Mbele confirmed a 26-year-old woman had opened a case of common assault against the TV star. He said probes were ongoing and no apprehension had been made.

The woman acknowledged social media for the support that was shown towards the victim and said she would not be withdrawing the charge.

“Thank you to everyone who is concerned. We've opened a case and we are not withdrawing it. She’s so scared, but I've told her that we all got her, and she needs to stand up for herself and fight back and this is the only way,” she tweeted.

 
 
 
 
 
 
  Headlines (South Africa):
Read our other news items below...